We’ve all constantly heard that:”All it takes is a positive mindset”. But the struggle becomes too real when you try to do it. Adopting or changing an old mindset can be tricky so we’r here to help.
But the important thing here, is to be patient with yourself and forgiving because it is no an easy process.
So here’s a guide on how to change your mindset and adopt a more positive one:
- Keep a gratitude journal.
- Reframe your challenges as opportunities for growth.
- Get good at being rejected—it happens to everyone!
- Use positive words to describe your life.
- Replace have with get (e.g., I have to go to work → I get to go to work).
- Don’t let yourself get dragged down into other people’s complaints.
- Breathe—consciously, purposefully, and mindfully.
- Notice the righteous and good in times of tragedy and violence.
- Have solutions ready when you point out problems.
- Make someone else smile.
- Start your day with a positive affirmation
- Focus on the small things
- Rewire your brain to find humor in bad situations
- Transform your self-talk
- Find good mentors and friends (positive influence/vibes)